We all need some motivation once in a while, especially on Monday!
I think at some point or another we all feel a lack of motivation. You’re only human! I’ll be the first one to admit there are days where I really do not know where to begin with my day.
I have to say today was one of those days. When I’m feeling unmotivated and a little lost in space I HAVE to make a plan for myself to get out of that funk!
Here are some tips you can use to get and stay motivated!
Take Care of Yourself First
- If you’re feeling tired…SLEEP! You come first. You won’t get your best work done when you’re exhausted.
- Drink JUICE! Eliminate soda.
- Clear your head and take some deep breaths!
- Wake up earlier
- Go to sleep earlier
- Drink lots of water!
- Look everywhere for inspiration!
- Do something that makes you happy and puts you in the mood to accomplish your goals.
Make Clear Goals and Lists
- My all time favorite thing to do is make lists! However, don’t drown yourself in lists. I personally love to make a list of everything I need to do and prioritize.
- Set clear and achievable goals for yourself. Don’t make unrealistic short term goals for yourself (thanks one way to feel let down)
- Every morning, set intention for your day.
Stay Away From Distractions
- Admit it… we all get a little distracted. Turn off and leave out what ever distracts you. If your cell phone distracts you and you pick it up every 5 minutes… leave it in the other room.
- If you cannot stop watching that trashy reality TV show, turn it off! Okay okay, mute it.
- Know when to pat yourself on the back and reward yourself for hard work. All work without reward isn’t any fun. Treat yourself to your favorite LARGE latte, get a massage, or buy yourself a cool mug to wake up to (to repeat steps 1-4) !
Don’t forget to drink lots of coffee to go with your new mug! Mmmm.
“The best way to get things done is to simply begin”